Tuesday 11 September 2007

Never Mind the Buzzcocks

If you're not familiar with it, Never Mind the Buzzcocks is a British music-quiz show. It's similar to Spicks and Specks but 150, 000 times better (actually, NMTB was the inspiration behind S&S). There's much less focus on points and more on comedy. And the comedy is brilliant! How could it not be? Bill Bailey is one of the team captains. Much better than that New Zealander with the double chin. The host, Simon Amstell (and his predecessor) is funnier than Adam Hills as well.

Anyway, there are quite a few full episodes on YouTube. You have to watch them in 3 parts though. Here are the links to one of the funniest episodes episodes, I've seen:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

8 comments:

Chadders said...

that title is a very good. very very clever too.

Chadders said...

having watched the first episode... i think i'll skip the next two...

Michael said...

I'm a rather intrigued at how geeky the presenter is allowed to look (although I suppose he makes up for it by being funny and quick-witted).

Cabernet Leather said...

Yeah, he is a bit geeky looking. I think he's much cooler than Adam Hills though.

The Borg said...

He's not geeky Michael, he's the height of cool. The brown cardi is where it's at. I'm serious.

I love Bill Bailey. He makes it. The Mighty Boosch guy, while funny, can be a bit of a snot. Not attractive.

The Borg said...

And P-dares, what's with your latest profile pic? Are you trying to look like my Facebook pic?

Cabernet Leather said...

Um, no, I wasn't trying to copy your pic. They aren't that similar are they? I can change it if it disturbs you... it's just my "smile for the camera" face.

Anonymous said...

I won't hear anything said against Noel Fielding. :)

Benny