Thursday 26 March 2009

Modern Britpop

I'm finding the latest wave of Britpop (I know Britpop died when Oasis released 'Be Here Now' but it's still a cool term) to be quite bland and uninspiring. Bands like The Kooks, Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight, Babyshambles, Franz Ferdinand, The Cribs, The Fratellis, Arctic Monkeys etc... They all sound alike and their sound isn't that great. It seems the days of interesting British bands are over (for the time being anyway). Pulp, Blur, Supergrass etc were good bands with character. Jarvis Cocker was a character (still is), but the members of these current bands all seem like twats (to use the vernacular).

Can anybody recommend some good, new British music?

5 comments:

Alistair Bain said...

Are Bloc Party British? I like them.

Cabernet Leather said...

Yes, they are. I don't like them all that much, but they are certainly more interesting than those other bands I listed.

Anonymous said...

Queens of the stone age!!!

Cabernet Leather said...

Um... Queens of the Stone Age are not British; they are not new; and, in my opinion, they are not that good!

Anonymous said...

Try Athlete.