Thursday 9 October 2008

Enya


This year, a Hobart doctor called Christine Boyce was awarded 'General Practicioner of the Year'. That's definitely true, you can look it up. What I've also heard - and I can't find any evidence for this, but I heard it through a reliable source - is that Dr Boyce was in the same school class as Enya (in Ireland). Now, that information gave me quite a shock, not that a local has such a cool claim to fame, but that Enya went to school. This has completely tarnished my view of Enya. The Enya of my mind never went to school, she was not born in 1961 (she is ageless), she doesn't speak any modern human dialect, she was never in 'Clannad' and she can probably fly. I seriously have always thought of Enya as some kind of alien! She floats around undiscovered Celtic planets making ethereal noises.

Does anyone else see Enya like that or is it just me?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Borg said...

Ha ha! Yes, I too was shocked to find out Enya had a previous life in Clannad. Enya is Celtic fairy alien super being.

The Borg said...

Enya looks a bit like my mum, don't you think?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cabernet Leather said...

Yeah, she does a bit. I think your mum must be Enya in human form.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cabernet Leather said...

Does it look like a want a freaking excavator?!

JK said...

Yeh I'm totally with you on that one leather man, Enya does seem mystical and fairy. She always seems to sing cloud sounding songs and just always sounds like shes on holidays. I'm even surprised that Enya actually exists in real life.

Anonymous said...

When I think of waiting rooms in doctors surgery's, I think of Enya.

I remember as a kid they always played it at my doctors in Kingston. I felt hatred toward Enya at that stage as my sister always played sail away.

Did she grow up in Ireland? I can imagine her growing up there. Maybe cos it's all green.

Emily

Cabernet Leather said...

Yeah she's as Irish as a leprechaun in a Guinness factory.