Wednesday 29 October 2008

JB HIFI

JB is a blessing to Hobart. You can go in there with $10 and come out with a good CD or DVD. But, there are a few things I've noticed about that shop:

1. They have an obscene amount of staff members. There seems to be about 4 or 5 of them patrolling each aisle. You can barely browse without tripping over a staff member! If they didn't have as much staff, the shop would be a lot less busy. Also, it seems certain staff members follow you to whichever aisle you're in - like they've secretly assigned a member of staff to each customer as a pet.

2. The staff members all look a bit like hobbits. A lot of them have wispy beards and shaggy hair - and none of them are particularly tall. A couple of them seem really, really young as well, like McDonald's employees. There is definitely a JB "look".

3. They have music playing (as you'd expect) but it repeatedly comes to an abrupt halt so that the PA can come into action:
"Gavin, you've got a call on line 1"
"Tracy, your boyfriend's waiting at the HIFI section"
"DVDs, we need some assistance with an STD at the front desk"
Then the music starts again.

7 comments:

The Borg said...

LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't read this at work cos it makes me literally LOL!

I want to see the hobbits in JB hifi now.

emily

JK said...

haha! yeah I rekon some of the staff at JB love doing fruitless laps of the aisles. I also think its all just a little to yellow :p

Cabernet Leather said...

Popped in to JB today and heard this:

"Wookie to the counter please. Wookie to the counter."

Jonny said...

One of the hobbits recognised me so gave me a massive disscount on a car radio. The radio was for a friend, I would never buy such a thing.

The Borg said...

I heard the wookie call too! Thought it was a joke - but if JB is nerdy enough to employ characters from the Lord of the Rings, it could employ ones from Start Wars too.

Cabernet Leather said...

That's true. When I heard it, nobody else seemed to think it was weird, as if that type of thing falls within the predictable framework of JB's nerdiness. As if they were thinking "yeah, OF COURSE there's a wookie working here".